Our speciality was in Embedded Systems Design (Hardware and Software) and in communication software, but over the years, a wide variety of projects has been undertaken, from simple microcontrollers to SQL databases!
We had capabilities in most fields of electronics design and software, specialising in the following areas:
- Digital design and interfacing, including PAL/PLD designs.
- Low frequency analogue design.
- Microprocessor based design and software, using most major processors and either assembler or “c” level programming.
- Hardware and software design for IBM-PC interface cards.
- Design of audio/video analogue/digital hardware.
- Protocol conversion (RS-232/Serial/GPIB/Parallel).
- RFID (transponder) based systems
- Smart Card based systems
- Compact Flash based systems
- USB based systems
- PC software, mainly written in C++, C or Assembler, using C-Scape, TCXL, WKSLIB, INFORMIX-SQL and in-house databases.
- Extensive experience of DOS, Windows and Web based systems.
- 4GL/SQL programming and relational database design.
- Engineering database and analysis systems for industry.
- c programming for DOS, VAX, CP/M and ROM (embedded) systems.
- Assembler/c programming using AVR-32, AVR-8, Z80, Z18x, 64180, 8086, 68000, 6800, 6300, 8048, 8051 and PIC processor families and peripherals.
- BASIC programming on BBC, CP/M, DOS, DG-NOVA, HP machines.
- FORTRAN programming using Data General Nova/Eclipse and RDOS operating systems.
- ATE programming using XINCOM hardware and XINTOL software.
- SENTRY Series 10,15 & 80 programming & data processing.
As well as providing general consultancy services, we have undertaken and successfully completed many major projects. Some of these, and some current projects are briefly described below.
- Design and development of a Z80 CP/M disk based computer for small business use, including peripherals, system software and utilities.
- Development of software for a 8085 based logic analyser controlled by a host computer using a serial link. Host programs written for BBC & DOS based machines.
- Design of the digital and software sections of a dual channel, software controlled, 20Msps Digital Storage Oscilloscope plug-in card for the IBM-PC.
- Design of an interface card and software to store and retrieve high speed (2Mbps) newspaper facsimile signals using an IBM-AT computer with high capacity SCSI disk drives.
- Design and development of IBM-PC based interface card to emulate the BBC machines’ analogue, parallel, printer and sound ports.
- Design and implementation of two different database systems for the semiconductor industry using relational database techniques and a combination of SQL, Informix 4th Generation Language and “c” software.
- Design and implementation of an extensive semiconductor data analysis system using “c”, including extraction of relevant data from an existing VAX based database.
- Design and coding of a distributed database for tracking vendor production performance & defect analysis, using “c” language, replacing an existing dBase database.
- Hardware and software design of several microcontroller products, generally based upon the 8048/8051 series, often replacing existing hardware designs.
- Design and coding of a PC based radiopaging controller, using memory resident, window based software written in “c” and 8051 assembler.
- Hardware and software design for several processor based RS232 interface cards, generally designed for very low power operation using the 64180 processor and real time operation.
- Design and software for a portable ADPCM/MPEG Audio Compact Disc Player.
- Design and software for Emergency Systems Paging Transmitter Encoder and Controller.
- Design and software for FSK radio modem, including protocol layer design.